Mindset and its directors are professional members of the Institute of Management Consultants (IMC)
. As such we are bound by the ethics to which we have pledged ourselves as members. As members of the Institute our clients also have the added assurance and peace of mind
that there is an external body that they can refer to in the unlikely event that they feel that such an action is warranted.
Our ethics are therefore the same as those on the IMC website
- It is the objective of each Mindset Consultant, as a professional management
consultant, to assist his or her clients to add value to the client’s
enterprise; whether that enterprise takes the form of a business, a
not-for-profit organisation or any element of government.
- A Mindset consultant will serve their clients with integrity, competence, objectivity, independence and professionalism.
- A Mindset consultant will only accept assignments that he or she is
competent to perform; and, on a client project, will only assign staff
or engage colleagues with knowledge and expertise relevant to the
- Before accepting any engagement a Mindset consultant will establish with
the client realistic expectations of the objectives, scope, expected
benefits, work plan and fee structure of the assignment.
- A Mindset consultant will agree in advance with the client on the basis
for fees and expenses. A Mindset consultant will charge fees that are reasonable;
commensurate with the services delivered, the value created and the
risk or responsibility accepted.
- A Mindset consultant recognizes that the client’s enterprise has many
stakeholders whose interests are sometimes divergent, and will seek to
balance and reconcile these different interests in their guidance to
- A Mindset consultant’s advice to the client will be delivered with
independence and courage; always focussing on the long-term best
interests of the enterprise as a whole, even when this guidance may
lead to actions such as restructuring or retrenchments that may be
painful in the short-term.
- A Mindset consultant will continually invest in professional development
to keep abreast of evolving knowledge within their profession and in
areas of technical expertise.
- A Mindset consultant will treat all confidential client information
appropriately; will take reasonable steps to prevent access to
confidential information by unauthorized people and will not take
advantage of proprietary or privileged information, for use by themselves or others, without the client's permission.
- A Mindset consultant will avoid conflicts of interest, or the appearance
of such, and will disclose to the client immediately any circumstances
or interests that they believe may influence their judgment or
- A Mindset consultant will offer to withdraw from a consulting assignment when they believe their objectivity or integrity may be impaired.
- A Mindset consultant will represent the profession with integrity and
professionalism in their relations with clients, colleagues and the
- A Mindset consultant will respect the rights of consulting colleagues and
consulting firms and will not use their proprietary information or
methodologies without permission.
- A Mindset consultant will report to appropriate authorities within or
external to the client organisation any occurrences of malfeasance,
dangerous behaviour or illegal activities discovered during the course
of an assignment.
- A Mindset consultant will not accept commissions, remuneration, or other
benefits from a third party in connection with any recommendations to a
client without that client's prior knowledge and consent, and will
disclose in advance any financial interests in goods or services that
form part of such recommendations.
- A Mindset consultant will refrain from inviting an employee of an active
or inactive client to consider alternative employment without prior
discussion with the client.
- A Mindset consultant will not advertise their services in a deceptive
manner nor misrepresent or denigrate other individual consulting
practitioners, consulting firms, or the consulting profession.
- A Mindset consultant will promote adherence to the Code of Ethics by all other consultants working on their behalf.
- A Mindset consultant, a member of the public or a member of the Institute
may report any perceived violation of the Code of Ethics to the
Institute of Management Consultants. In the event of such complaint a
Disciplinary Committee will be convened to investigate and recommend
appropriate actions, including but not limited to: mediation,
arbitration or sanction against the member concerned.
If you have any concerns regarding Mindset Group or its consultants with regards to a potential or real breach of the above code of ethics, please dont hesitate to contact one of Mindset's directors
or the contact the IMC directly.