In today’s economic environment it is often necessary to release valued employees from their obligations. This can be as a result of restructurings, a downturn in business, merger or acquisitions.
This is a tough time for Managers
- How do you do the right thing by a loyal employee when there is no longer any work for them?
- What are your legal obligations?
- What is the company’s moral ‘duty of care’ to these loyal and trusted employees?
Mindset's Outplacement programs do not find displaced employees jobs. Rather, they help displaced employees prepare to re-enter the job market. This can be daunting after many years of steady employment and often self-confidence can be damaged as a result of the termination.
For the employee
- Provides insight into strengths and weaknesses
- Assists in the preparation of a CV that focuses on their strengths in relation to the roles being applied for
- Assists them to market themselves
- Perform better in interviews
- Support to build self-confidence
- Provision of a sounding board or counsellor to bounce ideas off
For the company
- Demonstrates to remaining staff that the Company does care for their employees thus helping to restore individual confidence and motivation
- Demonstrates proactive Industrial Relations approach
- Public demonstration of the company’s social conscience
from past Mindset Outplacement Candidates
"Just a short note to let you know that I accepted a job offer from a company in Port Melbourne-4.5 months contract commencing on 15/1/2004-payroll for 220 people, Accounts Payable and all ad hoc reports. I am very happy to be able to work again, have new experience to add to my resume and meet new people. Thank you very much for your gentle coaching , your useful advice and your reassuring calls-without your help I wouldn't be where I am now and I guess I should thank my former employer as well."
"In the past few months, I have had the services of Mindset in regards to searching and securing employment within the current economic environment. I found their advice and guidance very useful and would highly recommend their service to others."